Thursday, May 26, 2005

And some said it wouldn't happen...

Just a quick story to illustrate that prayers are indeed answered.

I want to see Star Wars Episode III. Since I'm married, I have to take my wife with me (you'll understand if you're married). Since I'm poor, I have to go to a matinee showing. So far this has proved difficult since my wife, Beth, works an afternoon job.

Last Thursday Beth started a morning job.

On Tuesday Beth told her afternoon boss that she was quitting as soon as they found a replacement for her.

Last night I prayed that her boss would find someone quickly so that we could go see Star Wars.

Today Beth's boss hired a replacement.

Amen.

1 Comments:

At 5/27/2005 11:35 AM, Blogger Skawaii said...

Yes, the point of the prayer was so that we could go see the movie. But I'm not against saving the ten bucks on the ticket price either.

As for the ups and downs of marriage, I think it really depends on your wife. Beth would let me go do things with the "guys" as much as I wanted to. That's just how she is. But in an effort to not alienate my wife, I try to do things with her also. It's just something that needs to be balanced.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home