Wednesday, June 28, 2006

l337 n00b

I found this email conversation I had with another intern here pretty funny, so I decided to blog it. I haven't blogged anything in a long while.

First, he emailed me with a morse code translator he made in Java:
.-. -.-- .- -. --..-- .-- .... .- - -.-. .-.. .- ... ... . ... .-- .. .-.. .-.. -.-- --- ..- -... . - .- -.- .. -. --. - .... .. ... ..-. .- .-.. .-.. .- - -... -.-- ..- ..--..
<<File: TestDriver.java>>


I later emailed him with a script that I made that did the exact same thing his code did, except with less than half the amount of code he had:
.--- ----- ----- ...- -... ...-- ...-- -. ----- .-- -. --.. ----- .-. ...-- -..
<<File: test.rb>>


He later responded:
Your Morse code message to me was: J00VB33N0WNZ0R3D. that makes no sense. Plus I could not open the test.rb file. I’m not even sure what file-type to associate with it.


I responded:
Yeah. That was my message. It makes perfect sense, and you either forgot the spacing between the words or your translator didn't put them there. The file is a plain text file so you can open it in a text editor like notepad. Did you not try that? It's a Ruby file. To run it you just need to install Ruby.


He then responded:
How does “J00VB33N0WNZ0R3D” make perfect sense? It doesn’t mean anything.

2 Comments:

At 6/28/2006 4:14 PM, Blogger Skawaii said...

Haha, that's awesome. Someone needs to do a little reading into 1337 h@x0r 14|_|^/6|_|@63.

Note: See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet for help translating.

 
At 6/28/2006 4:16 PM, Blogger Skawaii said...

Oh yea, Ryan, send me your script. I wanna see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home